Friday, April 22, 2005

馬ちんこ焼き

I am off to Tokyo for the weekend. There is a huge scavenger hunt all over the city on Saturday organized by some Tokyo JETs so it should be fun stuff. In the mean time, please enjoy some pictures of a very special foodstuff. Kumamoto is famous for its uncooked horse meat (馬刺 − basashi) dipped in soy sauce and ginger or wasabi. However, this is actually horse penis - sliced, skewered and roasted to perfection. Not really, it was really sinewy and tough. Let me know is you want the restaurant's location... (Sorry if it's slightly blurry, it's a picture from my cel phone.)

SN260021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me this is a joke. That is so gross! Why would anyone want to eat a horse penis, let alone a horse. God... now I know what Japan is doing to the poor horses. I wouldn't eat that, even if someone were to pay me 100 billion US dollars.