Thursday, August 03, 2006

Kitago-jin and NYC

Met up with Mr. Derrick Simpson in NYC this week. I was in town for work, staying in Norwalk, CT. After an epic birthday night out Saturday night, I had the sense to get a taxi to the airport for my 6:30 am Sunday morning flight. Met up with my co-worker Ajith and we were off to NYC. Got in and made our way to the city and met Derrick in the Village.

We spent the day checkin out the hoods, made our way over the the WTC site before hitting up Battery Park then parting and heading to Norwalk. Ajith and I took the commuter train back down to the city last night and met Derrick and another Miyazaki JET, Todd, for an awesome tabe/nomihodai at Izakaya Kenka. Fight! Few more drinks and back to the burbs for us.
Izakaya Kenka

Night Ollie

Ajith and I leave town tomorrow night, having been treated very hospitably by both co-workers and friends from far away.

No comments: