Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Travels in January: Thailand

During the month of January, I had the pleasure of spending over three weeks in the tropical environment of Southeast Asia.

My first trip took me to Bangkok for two weeks on business. While I didn't get to see much in Bangkok itself, I did have the opportunity to explore the ruins and sacred temples around Ayutthaya, about a 1.5 hour ride north of the city. I was grateful to have some local guides as well, a few of my trainees loaded me into a truck in braved the lawless roads and highways of Thailand for the trip.

We explored three main temples.
Wat Mahathat:
More Ruins
Wat Yai Chaimongkol:
Buddha and Stupa
Wat Phnan Choeng:
Chinese Temple

After two weeks of (mostly) work it was back to Hong Kong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha

nice to know that you had a great time here! (seriously)