Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bund Tunnel, Shanghai

Recently, I've had a little time (and extra space on Flickr) to upload some old photos. I've wanted to put more pictures up from my past 3 years in Japan and my vacations around Asia. So stay tuned for more.

Bund Tourist Tunnel
Here is the Bund Tourist Tunnel that runs under the river in Shanghai. My brother Joe, sister Lynn and I enjoyed Beijing, Nanking and Shanghai over Golden Week about a year ago. The first year or 2 I used my camera, I sometimes inadvertantly took photos in the night photo setting. Usually they would just turn out blurry, but sometimes it's a pretty cool effect. This was a slow tram ride on a futuristic rail car with an insane soundtrack. Although we were in China, there was a voice that spoke in very scientific language very softly over some very trippy music/sound effects. If I can remember, some of the terms offered by the pleasant voice were things such as "infinite time", "endoplasm reticulum", "photosynthesis", "synergistic elements", etc. The 3 Fingerhut sibblings proceeded to add our own narration: "premature ejaculation", "bloated intestine", "viscous secretions", etc. We are intercultural lotharios.

No comments: