Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Professor in Colorado


Old Kumamoto Buds
Originally uploaded by KumamotoMark.
After all of the wedding festivities in St. Louis, I opted to wind down with a nice week of snowboarding in Vail, CO. My friend Joe, aka Professor Quintana, has been working at a ski school for kids out there, so he was gracious enough to host me for the week. He was previously a teacher with me in Kumamoto before getting his diving master's license in Thailand then getting a job in CO.

We boarded all day on the endless terrain of Vail Mountain and Beaver Creek, then spent the evening as true ski bums do, partying at various bars, clubs and residences in the valley. I managed to survive cheaply by using Joe's brother's snowboard and eating the leftover crap that the kids at the ski school ate for lunch every day. We were powered by dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets.

The Professor

After 6 sold days of boarding and a missed flight, I finally made the 2 hour journey back to Denver, then on back to Japan via LA. I don't think my body, especially my liver, could have taken much longer in Vail, but it was a blast while I was there. Thanks, Profe.

Game Creek W

No comments: