Monday, February 28, 2005

random bites

Just watched "Ray" last night and then saw tonight that Jamie Foxx won the Oscar. That is awesome, definitely deserved it.

Not much is new here:

I'll be taking part in the teacher's soccer tournament on Sunday, it's my favorite time of year to show off my skills in front of a bunch of old teachers who put down their cigarettes and coffee long enough to play a few games.

And a week from Sunday, i'm gonna try to run 20km over the 5 bridges of Amakusa in the Pearl Line Marathon. Better start getting in shape.

I booked a trip in early May to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Don't know much about either, but that's never stopped me before.

Spent Saturday night and Sunday driving around northern Kyushu with Manami in a rental car thanks to a small accident. Her rental has a navigation system. It was amazing taking all back roads to avoid traffic and actually be able to get where you wanna go. We hit up Saga (purgatory of a city) and Dazaifu Temple near Fukuoka.

I'm reading Rising Sun by John Toland right now. Just an amazing book so far, it really explains the causes of Japan's involvement in World War 2. So much to think about and process...

Got ahold of the new 50 Cent joint, The Massacre. Worth a listen if you a fan of Mr. go-ju sento.

And finally on a more serious note. If you are in a America and you have a choice, don't drive late at night. Events in St. Louis in the past year involving people I know and other people that weren't thinking to say the least... What the hell is wrong with my country? Nevermind, don't answer that. I'm gonna go bang my head into the wall.

No comments: