Sunday, October 17, 2004

Strange Days

I was all set to post something when I got home from school today. Well here it is, except I got home about 8 hours earlier than expected. I showed up as usual at about 8:15am and noticed that there was no one at school. The doors were locked, there were 2 girls filling up water jugs for sports practice who told me there was no school today because there is a Culture Festival next Saturday. Thanks for telling me, guys! Similarly, last Thursday I showed up to the same school and they were a little too surprised to see me. Apparently, I was suppose to go to elementary school that day. Seems to be a lack of communication somewhere. But who am I to complain, I got a day off today. I gotta find out when the Cardinals are playin and what channel.

I spent yesterday evening having awesome yakiniku and enjoying the company of my brother's future in-laws, the Ishizukas. I haven't spoke solid Japanese like that in a long time, good to know it's still in me.

No comments: