Saturday, October 30, 2004

Halloween in Kumamoto


ハロイン
Originally uploaded by KumamotoMark.
Happy Halloween. It's a holidy not much celebrated in Japan outside of foriegners. However, I went to my host family's house. There were about 20 kids when I got there, and they loved the horse face, what can I say? After an awesome dinner, we went out trick or treating at about 10 houses in the neighborhood. My host mother Kinuko organized the whole thing. It was a great time, and I actually got to get some candy. I was going to hit up an adult halloween party afterwards, but I was out to 8am the previous evening so I was a little kicked. The horse face, well let me tell you. I picked that up in Osaka when I was there a few weeks ago. What is interesting was that for dinner, I ate some basashi, which is Kumamoto's local delicacy. It of couse, is uncooked horse meat dipped in soy sauce with ginger or wasabi. Very tasty, but a little difficult to get through the mouth of the horse mask...

The scariest pat of my costume, which you can't really see in the picture, is my Vancouver, Canada T-shirt. Now that is horrific. AHHH~!

No comments: